(Possibly) unpopular opinion: dad jokes are acceptable year-round. Even so, it never hurts sliding in a couple of dad jokes here and there. Here are a couple of our favourite dad jokes and a couple ideas to spark inspiration for what to write in your Father’s Day Card!
Our Favourite Dad Jokes
- “Dad, did you get a hair cut?” “No, I got them all cut!”
- “What did Baby Corn say to Mama Corn?” “Where’s Pop Corn?”
- “Dad, can you put my shoes on?” “No, I don’t think they’ll fit me.”
- “Dad, can you put the cat out?” “I didn’t know it was on fire.”
- “My dad told me a joke about boxing. I guess I missed the punch line.”
- “It’s inappropriate to make a ‘dad joke’ if you’re not a dad. It’s a faux pa.”
- “When does a joke become a dad joke? When it becomes apparent.”
General Father’s Day Messages
- You taught me so many of the important things I know – including a few choice words for certain situations.
- Dad, you’ve got my back. That keeps me stepping up to what challenges come in life. Love you so much for that.
- Dad, thanks for the love, the cutting up, the keeping it real, the always being there. Thanks for being just the man you are.
- Dad, how do you love our family like you do, make change in the community and command respect from everybody who knows you? Probably has something to do with that big strong heart.
- Sending you heartfelt appreciation on Father’s Day. It’s the least I can do considering all the gray hairs I’ve caused you.
- Thanks for all you’ve done for me, Dad. Obviously, I could never repay you, but I’ll happily chip in for pizza in your honor on Father’s Day or any day!
- We may not be spending Father’s Day together, but luckily, we’re connected in a way that stretches across any distance. So grateful for that closeness…and for you.